Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Boston Marathon Bombing

Y'all, I have been trying to put into words the past 48 hours how I feel about this situation. It doesn't seem real. 9/11 seemed real. Even though I was only in the 5th grade, I knew it was serious. I knew that there were bad guys. I quickly learned all about the Taliban and al Queda. May 2, 2011 was one of the proudest days of my life being an American when President Obama announced that we had FINALLY got the bad guy. Osama bin Laden was dead. 10 years later. Our great country was finally at peace. Even though we will never fully overcome the emotional distress of 9/11 we have closed the folder and called it case closed.

Then Monday happened. I cannot fully grasp why somebody would do this. Why would you plant a bomb at a marathon? I understand that it was Patriot's Day in one of our founding cities. But, WHY? I need answers. Was it somebody from overseas? Was it an American? If it was an American, why would you attack your own country? I need answers. I need to help in some way. I don't know what to do. I can't focus on school. I can't focus on my side work. I can't watch anything but the news on TV. I am becoming obsessed. All I can do now is pray for Boston and pray that the person or people responsible for these attacks is arrested soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment